we have dragons
We are a DreamWorks How to Train Your Dragon RP set a decade after the first movie. Vikings and dragons have been enemies since time began. The tribe of Berk has recently reconciled with the intelligent beasts, but a new problem has arisen in the form of their forgotten neighbors, the Vikrins of Yorin, who actively hunt and overpower dragons, using them as tools for war... and they're quickly becoming a danger to the Berkians, aided by an old foe, the self-proclaimed Dragon God.
06 berk
03 yorin
07 dragon
04 other
Custom forum structure by Black @ Code. Original template code by Toky of Gangnam Style. How to Train Your Dragon and its canon characters are the brainchild of DWA and Cressida Cowell. Site setup & info by Tale, Moli and Dae. Member-made content belongs to its respective creators. Thread markers by Mihaiciuc Bogdan of dA.

Add Reply
New Poll

Miss The Ground, Tag ;; Havy
Ratatosk
 Posted: Jun 14 2015, 08:31 PM
Tale 45 posts
Dragon
15 years old
Male
Wild Dragon
Nightfury
No Rider
Shot Limit: 6

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I Have a Dream, You Are There.
High Above The Clouds Somewhere.
Rain is Falling From The Sky, But It Never Touches You.
You're Way up High!!

Mist shrouded the stone ridges like a soothing blanket rounding their jagged edges and causing a continuous cloud burst of gentle precipitation. The little broken raindrops pattered silently on the smooth onyx scales of the lone winged reptile who had perched himself on the highest ledge of the southern most cliff of Misty Mountain Island. This island was most commonly inhabited by more tropical dragon species like Rumblehorns and Changewings but today it was the habitat for a Nightfury. Perhaps the most rare of all dragon species, but a sadly poor example. You would not be able to tell just looking at him as, after all, he was properly proportioned as a dragon. Yes, perhaps, he was a little smaller than normal, his wings were a little rounder and his tail a little longer but by looks alone he was an excellent specimen. It was when this dragon was placed under stressful circumstances that his flaws were most obvious. In fact even under closer inspection it was obvious. The dragon was a little on the thin side, he couldn't properly hunt for himself and had thus far only sustained himself by stealing from or being fed by kind people. He could catch the occasional slow fish thanks to some siblings he met on his wildlife journeys, but it wasn't enough. Ratatosk couldn't even fire 10 shots like a Nightfury was suppose to... He could only fire 6. Even flying was a chore for this dragon - A nearly flightless dragon? How sad! It was high time this dragon learned to be wild. He knew he needed to. His survival depended on it. There were no people like his Nona to take care of him out hear and ask such Ratatosk needed to learn to be the one thing that all true dragons are: wild.

Wind whorled around the cliff face and instinctively the black mottled dragon spread its wide leathery wings to catch the breeze. Rain still pattered over his scales but soon rolled off like there was no care in the world. A few steps back from the edge provided the nightfury with a pleasant runway. It was a good start. The black slick dragon launched itself forwards and leapt ingot the sky, its wings spread wide and tail flaps fluttering on the invisible currents. He could glide! A few shallow flaps and the black dragon's body had stabilized. He was soaring but he was loosing altitude. He flapped his wings harder but wobbled in the air. Slowly he began to wobble more and more until he had lost all control. Tucking his wing in the dragon tried to gain momentum and stabilize with the wind but this too was unsuccessful and instead of regaining control he plummeted for the cliff face.

Come, Fly With Me.
Into A Fantasy.
Where You Can Be, Whatever You Want To Be
Come, Fly With Me!

Ooc;; Blah Blah Bah

--------------------
user posted image
Cray I Love You For My Siggy and Avatar!!
PM
^
Hávarðr
 Posted: Jul 4 2015, 11:55 AM
Blaze 14 posts
Dragon
55 years old
Male
Wild Dragon
Stormcutter
Shot Limit 8
No Rider

start

remember me for centuries

A great flap of wings took him into the air and kept the great beast there. Hávarðr had just got done with his meal of river fish and was satisfyingly full. He knew it wouldn't be until tomorrow until he ate again so he decided to go on a flight to a more secluded place for digestion and some well earned rest. He did after all have a eventful week.

It still confused him to no end why the human spared him. He had him where he wanted, in his trap, and yet he let him go. He knew that the human hunters normal didn't do that. He knew that he was a rare species and he was a prize in the eyes of the humans so it confused him even more.

A black figure caught his attention and Havy tilted his head a bit in curiosity. The stormcutter watched it for a bit before wincing as it collided with a cliff-face. That had to hurt... Changing direction, Hávarðr glided toward where the other dragon landed, landing with much more grace than he did.

Drawing a little closer, he spoke, "Are you alright, brother?" Havy questioned, stopping a few feet away.

tags

tag

Ratatosk

notes

N/A

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ratatosk
 Posted: Jul 4 2015, 04:16 PM
Tale 45 posts
Dragon
15 years old
Male
Wild Dragon
Nightfury
No Rider

You're Way up High!!

Boulders and dust and stone erupted from the ground all around the black dragon as he hurled himself into the ground carving out a trench. In fact it looked like a meteor had collided with the cliff and not a living animal. Most living animals wouldn't walk away from such a barrage of pain but this was no ordinary living thing. It was a dragon, and it was no ordinary dragon. It was a night fury. If anyone could take a beating it was a night fury. That being said Ratatosk was still young and he was not particularly wild. He hadn't been through the hard times that other wild dragons had been through. He wasn't used to so much stimulation and he needed to lie still a moment, almost looking dead, to recover.

As the blue stormcutter drew closer Ratatosk's wide leathery wings spread from beneath the rubble making the earth heave and move off of his body. Ratatosk shook like a wet dog freeing himself of the remaining dust. A sudden tickle made the young night fury wrinkle his nose and open his maw. Suddenly a loud sneeze burst out of him in the form of a plasma blast that scorched the ground in front of him.

Are you alright, brother?

Ratatosk turned in his own personal meteor hole to see a large stormcutter staring at him curiously. Ratatosk's blue eyes examined the creature a moment, he was much much larger than any other dragon Ratatosk had seen before. Of course that being said Ratatosk has not seen many dragon species to begin with. "Yeah... I'm alright." He muttered awkwardly avoiding eye-contact submissively. Ratatosk had only ever been raised by humans and his dragon interaction skills were not the sharpest. It made him shy, but it wouldn't last long as long as the stranger made him feel at ease.

Come, Fly With Me.
Into A Fantasy.
Come, Fly With Me!

Ooc;; Blah Blah Bah

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Hávarðr
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 06:45 PM
Blaze 14 posts
Dragon
55 years old
Male
Wild Dragon
Stormcutter
Shot Limit 8
No Rider

start

remember me for centuries

He watched in silence as the Nightfury before shook himself of dust and debris, tilting his head a bit. My, he was a young one, wasn't he? Not to mention tough as well. Someone his age would have been whining and complaining about hitting a cliff face or anything really that hard, but this one was keeping his thoughts hidden. Either that or he truly was fine. Either way, Havy hoped he was alright.

The Stormcutter was slightly confused by what had just happened though. Why did he just run into a cliff? Surely he would have seen it and been able to fly out of the way. The plasma bolt didn't surprise him though, having dealt with sneezes from young ones that shot out fireballs, but he did move to the side a bit to make sure he didn't get hit.

There was a mutter, one he almost didn't hear. Green eyes blinked at the submissiveness of the other dragon. Was he that intimidating or was the young one just that respectful? Hávarðr hoped it was the lateral because he didn't wish the fright the stranger.

"That is good. I feared that there was some sort of injury to you that I would have to help with, not that I mind of course." he moved his head a bit to get a better look at the other dragon, "No need to so submissive, young one, I merely wish to have a pleasant conversation with you if you don't mind."

tags

tag

Ratatosk

notes

N/A

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Ratatosk
 Posted: Dec 11 2015, 01:52 AM
Tale 45 posts
Dragon
15 years old
Male
Wild Dragon
Nightfury
No Rider

------------------------------------------------------
You're Way up High!!

Ratatosk examined the sapphire blue scales of the opposing dragon a moment longer before he decided that Havaror was telling him the truth. This gentle giant meant Ratatosk no harm. In an instant the young dragon's caution bubbled into excited social behaviour - although admittedly a little awkwardly. He clambered to the edge of his trench and stretched his wings, flapped them and... got no where. Ratatosk simply did not have the knack for taking off into flight. Perhaps his wing muscles didn't have the proper amount of toning or perhaps he wasn't using the right technique or perhaps it was a combination of the two. None the less Ratatosk would not be flying out of his crater. With a somewhat frustrated sigh the lithe black and grey dragon waddled over to the edge and proceeded to claw and wriggle his way out... with a little effort.

Once on par with the four winged dragon Ratatosk sniffed at him a little curiously. He didn't even smell like anything the little dragon had come across before. With Havy's mature age he would dwarf even a full grown nightfury but as Ratatosk was not yet full grown, and small for his age, Havy's mass seemed all that more impressive; but sniffing wasn't enough. The blue eyed dragon then proceeded to prowl around the giant examining him - eyeing him. Everything about this creature was different. Four wings. Flat face. Fanned tail. Massive size. Huge dorsal spines. Two legs, not four... Ratatosk let out a curious friendly gurgle as he examined his new friend. Havy was most certainly impressive!

Once the curious little nightfury had made his way full circle around the stormcutter he plopped down in front of him and looked up with wide warm blue eyes. "I don't mind... Though I don't know what dragons normally talk about. You see, I don't meet many other dragons - much less dragons like yo- ..." he paused and tilted his head perplexed, "You are a dragon... right?"

Come, Fly With Me.
Into A Fantasy.
Come, Fly With Me!

Ooc;; Blah Blah Bah

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned exclusively by lauz.
AFFILIATES
Living the Dream COUNTERATTACK (ON TITAN): SnK/AoT RP Rise of the Believers Sekkai Fractures Noveltellus Dragons of the Elements Berk's Dragons Charming Once a Nightmare Southern Winds Weyr Dark of the Night Heartstrings Aff Button We Have Dragons We Have Dragons We Have Dragons